Housatonic Valley Health District is committed to providing weekly in-depth COVID-19 reports, which are published every Friday.
Update from Lisa Morrissey, Director of Health
We are happy to announce that HVHD is now reporting data for the Town of Sharon as part of a grant from the State of Connecticut Department of Public Health grant!
The Connecticut State Department of Public Health has significantly changed its reporting of COVID-19 data and the pared down datasets are made available each Thursday. This and future reports reflective of these changes. Please take note that the manner in which positivity rates are calculated has also changed.
As we start to think about Back-to-School, it is important to protect yourself and your community. The CDC recommends COVID-19 vaccines for everyone 6 months and older and boosters for everyone 5 years and older, if eligible.
Upcoming COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics:
- July 26th from 3:00 – 4:30 pm in Southbury (ages 12+)
- July 27th from 3:00 – 4:30 pm in New Milford (ages 12+)
- August 9th from 3:00 – 4:30 pm in Southbury (ages 5-11)*
- August 10th from 3:00 – 4:30 pm in New Milford (ages 5-11)*
Upcoming COVID-19 Rapid PCR Testing Clinics:
- July 25th from 9:00 – 11:00 am in New Milford
- July 28th from 9:00 – 11:00 am in Southbury
- August 8th from 9:00 – 11:00 am in New Milford
- August 11th from 9:00 – 11:00 am in Southbury
Weekly case rate per 100K residents
As of 6/30/22, CTDPH has changed how they report percent positivity. The 6/23-6/30 reporting period reflects a 7 day NAAT test percent positivity. Future reporting periods will also reflect this change.